Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 3... Twitter

Oh Twitter, how do I start!? I started a Twitter account for another class last semester and that's about as far as I took it. I wanted to be a cool tweeter, but it just didn't work out that way. I tried following people, I Got a few followers, but all the # and @ signs were annoying me. I'm willing to give it another go though ! I really like the thought of connecting with others and gaining insight into topics that interest me, something I can't really do on other social media sites. I am addicted to Facebook and am constantly checking my newsfeed and stalking :0 , but it's not the platform for professional interactions. The past two days I've been on Twitter more , retweeting and trying to get myself into it. I've even gone as far as researching it ! What?! http://www.edudemic.com/guides/guide-to-twitter/. This is a good article or those like me who want to learn more. I hope to add some more content to my feed soon! Happy tweeting!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that online article. The infographic shared popular educational hashtags and what each abbreviated version represents. I think I could like to keep this infographic somewhere I can always see view it while tweeting. Also, the site called Trendrr is mentioned in this article. Trendrr allows someone to follow what is popular in the social media world. This tool could help teachers review current events with their classes briefly on a daily and weekly basis. Finally, the online tool called Twitt Poll allows someone to poll the masses using Twitter members. Again, thank you for sharing and happy Tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - What is your Twitter username?

    ReplyDelete